Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Salt Story

A story often told by my father when i was a kid .

There was king , hundreds of year back . He had four daughters . Each one more beautiful then other .
They had soft hair , nice limbs and fragrance like morning blooming flowers . One day the king got curious and wanted to find the intelligence of her daughters .He started calling  each one of them one by one to his personal chamber .
The King


He called the first daughter and asked " Tell me my sweet daughter how much you love me ?"

His first daughter replied " I love you more then all the gold , silvers and gems we have in our treasury ."
Treasure

The king got happy and his curiosity increased more .

He called the second daughter and asked " Tell me my lovely daughter how much you love me ?" 

His second daughter replied " I love you more then all the people whom i love ."
Father again became elated and felt so happy interviewing his daughters .He called the third one and repeated his question .
She replied "My dear father i love you more then the beautiful morning , the fragrant and cold breeze ,the night sky and chirping of small birds ."

Father was awaiting to ask the same question from the daughter he considered wisest .Finally her turn came and her reply made him very angry .
She told " Father i love you more then the salt "

Father told  " All of your sister loves me with the most precious things of nature or gold .
I am very angry with your answer .You leave my kingdom and go ."

She replied " I will leave in the morning but i want to have last time dinner with my sisters and you "

Father agreed on this .So a grand dinner was organised in night .King father took his seat and rest of his daughter followed .King father took the first cup of soup and there was no salt in it .He was about to split it , but he controlled himself and took a bite from starter .Still there was no salt .He became very furious and called his cook .
salt

The King Asked " Why there is no salt in food today . Have not you tasted it as usual before feeding it to royal family "

The cook replied " Your youngest daughter ordered me to make food without salt "

The smallest daughter replied " I wanted to show that as whole food is useless without a tablespoon of salt .
Similarly is my love for you "

King father understood the point .

1 comment:

  1. very lucky yaar, papa mummy dono kahaani sunaate the bachpan me :)

    ReplyDelete